Wednesday 9 September 2009

What's On Your Workdesk, then?


The light's a bit lacking this morning, but this is my desk as at five minutes ago. Untouched from last night, so a total shambles really! A mix of diary, notebook and paperwork centre-stage betray the paperwork type stuff I did just before bed. Because it was needed today, obviously. The near end is the basket of stamps that need cleaning...it is full to the point of being useless, so I may well clean them today. The rack of cards on the right are Christmas cards for a workshop...I didn't deliberately turn them to face the other way but they should be a secret for now. I gave myself a talking to about doing them yesterday afternoon and found it quite inspiring. I did two! Just on top of my Union Jack tin (an ambitious size - it holds my Nestabilities dies) is a tidy tray with a pot of sliver glitter in it..much in use yesterday. That and the sun - blinding! Last but not least, the box of scraps at the back right of the picture - and some people ask why I don't save offcuts after workshops and things. Really, I have enough.
My 'to do' list today includes sussing out ebay as a seller - I have a handful of printer's tray/drawers to get rid of...in absolute raw state, but if you have an interest, 'contact me'. And then I'm going to do some more Christmas cards. A plan, and it's already lunchtime!
Show us your wordesk then - you don't need to be brave, it's just interesting to see your work zone. If you like the idea, join us every Wednesday - leave a comment or link here so we can come and have rummage! There's a WOYWW button in the left margin ifyou'd like to add it to your blog - Annie made it. Clever, huh.

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

here's my humble space today!

http://lovingthetraditional.blogspot.com/

i get a kind of voyeuristic kick from all this ;D

Carmen said...

As do I :P

Love your Union Jack tin - I think I have a similar sized Kitkat one - it was my Mums and still holds all my buttons as it used to hold all of hers. And now my kids play in it like me and my sister used to. For that reason alone I could never get pretty jars and segment my buttons by colour ;)

Unknown said...

Mmmmm - your basket of stamps that need cleaning looks suspiciously like mine ... perhaps we could have a WSHYCTT ... What Stamps Have You Cleaned Today Thursday :0)

My desk is on my blog :0)

Chris said...

LOL re your desk, mine is exactly the same :), hoping to get it photographed so that I can join in. Also, I've just emailed you Julie about the print trays which I'd like to know a bit more about. Speak soon, Chris.

Annie said...

Just as a crafters desk should be :-) A x

Chris said...

Hi again Julia, just made a post with a picture of my craft table, I'm down to zero working space so it's time for a clear up. Your box of uncleaned stamps made me laugh, weirdly I always clean mine straight away but then leave them there and don't get round to putting them away! Here's my mess. Chris :)

Rach said...

lol at your desk, mine usually looks like that, minus the stamps that need cleaning.. i tend to clean mine as i use them..My desk is surprisingly tidy at the moment... won't last long though..
hugs rachxx

Claire Ellen Designs said...

You picked such a good day to ask this question that I am proud to show you here it is it will look like yours again at the end of play tomorrow though lol, hugs, Claire xx

Paige said...

I love seeing your creative stuff all out on your desk. I am still not crafting :( and have resigned to paint my nails this evening :)

Unknown said...

Well i could work on your table but not mine Lol
here is mine must try harder lol

NormaJean said...

What a great idea, thanks to rach I found your blog so here it is MY MESS hugs Normajean

Susie Sugar said...

Oooooh what fun!! I love having a nose in other peoples stash !! he he
Thanks to Rach I too found you desk ...I mean your blog !!
Heres my mess !! Oops I mean “Desk“ !! lol

Hugs Susie xx

Paula said...

Well i took my picture of my desk then felt guilty as it was such a mess so i tidied up so there is a before and after shot lol
Here is my desk

Beth said...

Oh this is fab! Your desk is a million times better than mine! here's my 'desk'! Thanks for looking!

Beth xx

Anonymous said...

It's nice to see everyone's desk's,I was brave and took a pic of mine as i had a tidy up today..
I don't know how to link it in a comment so I created a post.
x
Vicky

having a {me} day said...

I've just stumbled across this and had to join in! Love looking at other people's crafty spaces so here is mine. katxx

Yvonne said...

Ok , do I want to show the world mine ...

http://yvonnescreativecards.blogspot.com/2009/09/whats-on-your-workdesk-then.html

Please, dont usally work like this ....

Susie Sugar said...

Hi Julie yes that is a sofa, my craft room is what used to be the living room its 20 foot square .....but now the living room is about 6 foot square !!! Lol
Take a look Here and Here to see a small section of it but at least I am in the heart of the house everything goes on around me as I go about my crafting so I'm not shut away and my addition is accepted by all and everyone is used to my mess now!!
I too am loving having a nose around everyones desk etc so you're not alone !! He he
Love Susie xx

Susie Sugar said...

That sounds great Julia,I think I will need an extension soon too !! Lol I think its the only way to craft when you have a family, at least the way you and I are situated we don't have to stop for family life or put it all away and I encourage my kids to join in as well, My oldest son is 16 (next week) so not into crafting much but my youngest (Woody 12) is addicted to promarkers and has his own blog I might show a photo of his craft desk next week that might encourage him to have a tidy !!.
xx

NormaJean said...

Hi Julia, thank you for leaving such a nice comment on my blog. are you going to do this every wednesday? its fun seeing others areas, That dome thing was a clock I wanted to try this steampunk stuff I've seen while blog surfing , found it at a flea market for 3 bucks so thought that cheap enough to play around with even thou I dont have a clue what to do...LOL

Yvonne said...

well there is a lot a going on here ... mine is just a mish mash of things i have started and given up on, lol
sorry my post is so late , i have lost the plot this week ,lol

Debbie (Little Gingham Bear) said...

Haven't posted mine before but it's a real mess today - a bit like the rest of the house as we are decorating :c)

Here's mine
xx