Friday 3 September 2010


See this picture of our hot and swollen pudgies? Well OK, mine were hot and swollen.Taken by Mr Dunnit; he's got a bit snap happy and likes to take the less usual pics for me to work into LOs. It's not pretty, but I love that it's we 3, from yet another angle! I wonder what our shoes say about us? Anyway - we're sitting in the shade of large umbrella, large ice-cream sundaes on order and a view of the sea front. It's busy with people enjoying the Sunday 'paseo' - a nice long leisurely walk in the sea air. You can spot the Spanish in the crowds, even at high summer temperatures, they are immaculately dressed and beautifully groomed. An awful lot of the Senoras are carrying awfully small and very indulged teeny dogs. You can spot the rest of us Europeans too - largely a selection of shorts and football shirts - but also some (sadly) very red skin. Ouch. Now and then, Miss Dunnit remarks on a cute baby or a (ahem) guapo, or the lookie-lookie guys trying to sell you a pair of sunglasses you don't need because you're already wearing a pair. This day, she comments upon a family of 4. Two boys and a Mum and Dad. All three boys are clambering over the rocks and looking for crabs and stinky things like that. Mum is enjoying a fresh coffee at the table nearest them. Miss Dunnit: "how cute that the two boys have chosen the same colour t shirts as their Dad - they must secretly want to be like him." Whilst we're cooing and watching the boys, Mr Dunnit leans towards us and crushes the moment: "More likely that the Mum is a scrap-booker and she wanted them to match her papers". I did not dignify this with a comment.......for once, I knew not what to say - to the man that had just photographed our feet!

19 comments:

chrissy xx said...

Well!!! You all look 'foot loose and fancy free'
(Seem to think this is from a Rod Stewart Album!!)
Chrissyxx

Charlie said...

How funny - we have a similar photo from last year when DD and DH wore matching crocs. Sorry I have been MIA but I have been very busy with my Operation Write Home project for the Danish deployed soldiers. Happy to share that yesterday we delivered 560 cards (which should be one for each soldier to send home) to our boys and girls in Afghanistan. BIG HURRAH and starting to make and collect new cards right away....

Cath Wilson said...

He, he - he's not daft, is he, Mr Dunnit? He may well be right from what I've heard about scrappers, lol. Love the photo.

Annie said...

I'm sat here chuckling at the thought of buying clothes to match the scrap booking papers :-) what a brilliant quick wit Mr Dunnit has :-)
A x

Carmen said...

He's probably right too :P Sounds like you are having a fabulous time, wish Craig was a s handy with the camera... but if it doesn't have fins or wings he aint interested :P

I used your punch on my latest ... thing (for want of a better word *g*) Loved it, definitely going on the list. Let me know when you are home so I can send it back :)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

TOO FUNNY. You get the best punch line in a blog post of anyone I know. I'm marking my calendar today, too. The fact that you were speechless and actually admitted it, is priceless!!

Darcy Marshall said...

hahaha I love it, fab photo. How has your hubby managed to pick up on that gem of info eh? these snippets of colour coordination should be kept hidden from men lol

Pam said...

Now my thoughts go back to a post a certain Mrs Dunnit done on trying to get the family to co-ordinate their clothes for a family pic!!! Now dare u ask is MevEynnit right! Pam :-)

misteejay said...

Glad to see there is not a trace of a bullet wound in those feet of yours LOL (previous post) so I can only assume you have sorted your "Tim" problem.

...dress for scrapbooking purposes? well did you ever (giggle) surely not (ho hum) well perhaps...

Toni :o)

Morti said...

Oh what a fabulous post - and how observant of Mr D! Reminds me of a blog I used to visit called The Scrapbook Widower - a chap with a similar sense of humour. Sadly, he stopped blogging a while back, but t'was good at the time.

Kirsty.A said...

I think you've got him extremely well trained. May I refer you to Mountaineer's post today!
Have a fab time away

Anonymous said...

What I want to know is...what's happened to Mr D's shorts - have they really got one yellow/one white leg (In which case, way to go, you snappy dresser, Mr D) or is it just the light?

LL Jan xx

Claire said...

Julia, you have to make a scrapbook page with that photo, very cool
C
xx

JoZart Designs said...

Thanks for the chuckle! I'm trying to figure out what colours will be in your layout of the feet photo! Pink and Navy, oh but there's a bit of red in there.... .you should get your lot better colour coordinated!
JoZarty

ginny c said...

julia love your blog it always make me laugh,love the picture, i would have feet just the same and now i would be saying does my feet look big in these lol take the eye of my other feature

mckinkle said...

Great entry Julia, I actually had quite a wee chuckle a little louder than usual!! The best bit for me was the scene setting "clambering over the rocks and looking for crabs AND STINKY THINGS LIKE THAT" Perfect! Im so glad Im not the only one that doesnt like that sort of thing! tee hee!

Look forward to seeing that LO!

Keryn x

Unknown said...

tee hee - he really has got your card marked - great story... I used to dress my boys the same when they were younger, even though there is 3 years age difference... I did it in case one of them wondered off just so i could remember what they were wearing. How sad it that? Maybe the family had no imagination - or were really sad. Maybe the mum and dad will wear matching cable knitted cream cardigans with brown buttons when they are older. Wonder who makes 12x12 to match that then LOL

Love the feet piccy and the fact that you do exactly what I do and people watch - my fave pastime!

Paula x x x

nerllybird said...

Haha! They catch on quick, don't they....my son asked me about 18 months ago if I would remove the lovely flat woven aqua coloured 'drawstring' from his hoodie. After I'd painstakingly hauled it out, he looked at it, looked at me and said wearily, 'I suppose you want to keep that, don't you.' Two months later I approached my scrappy area to find that before chucking out a pair of boxers, he'd ripped the flat elastic from them and flung it on my desk! (AND I eventually used it - can't for the life of me remember what for, tho!)

MadeByKarla said...

Lol! what can you say? he's probably right!