Thursday 9 September 2010

A Marathon, without running.






















*Self promotion post* - look away if you're bored rigid by such stuff!
Me and my good chum Scrap Lady Ally have announced the date and blah for our annual Christmas Card Marathon. It's on Saturday October 30th and will take place in Tidworth, Hampshire, in a very accessible community hall with a large free car park and better yet, a big kitchen for Lunch Lady Jan to create in.


The format remains simple..Scrap Lady Ally and I each make a large number of Christmas cards featuring techniques and products from across this big old craft - styles differ, for sure. You turn up and make the cards from instructions and materials supplied. The day starts at 10am, includes lunch and finishes after lots of tea and cake at 4pm. By which time you will have worked your way through a satisfying number of cards for your Christmas stash. The Librarian was really full of snot and heavy with cold last year, but went away happy with eleven cards. New baby Mummy did well over twenty, even allowing for glue drying.


So there's no pressure and plenty of fun, for sure. See, me and Ally set it all up and then wonder around all day, serving drinks and forcing you to chat. It's tough.


Our official 2 Scrap Ladies blog carries all the official announcements and sneak peeks, but I thought I'd pimp it a bit before the book is closed - we need names and numbers by the end of next week really, see. There's lots of counting and cutting to do in advance, as you can imagine! We have a handful of gals who make a two hour-ish journey - and they come alone, so as daunting as that may sound, honest, you'll only be alone for the time it takes you to get out of the car and into the hall! The day costs £40, includes lunch and teas and the materials. If you're interested, visit 2 Scrap Ladies for more, or email me via the button in the right margin here. And just in case you think I've lost it and posted a sample card - this was from last year's bunch. Aha, I'm wising up!

23 comments:

Cardarian said...

Oh I wish I could come to that Christmas card fun...I sooo need inspiration! If only I wouldn't be 1400 km away! But one day I might be closer and then I will be there!
Hugs,
Cardarian

Chrissie said...

It sounds like a whole heap of fun and I would have loved to have joined in... however my brother-in-law who is a widower and lives alone, will be having a hip replacement op sometime in October (not sure when yet)and we will be going to look after him, which is putting the kibosh on lots of our plans. Maybe next time!!
This card is just yummy by the way!
Chrissie

cheryl said...

oh that sounds like fun hun wish I could come,but as for your card wow its a real beauty really love what you have created here hugs cheryl xxx

Cardmaking Galore said...

Love your card - those gems add so much detail. Wish I could be there for the christmas marathon :(

Kate said...

That card is stunning, I would be happy to have a whole set like that!

** Kate **

Kay said...

I would love to come, but I have just had a quick check (I'm meant to be working!) and it looks like the nearest railway station is 5 miles away :( You need to have these things right next to a train station!!

Cynthia Schelzig said...

Love this turquoise wreath....really nice!

Carmen said...

I'm thinking if you are doing this again next year I might have to come. Can't this year - for once I have too much on - am even missing Alice! *gasp* I know, he'll be awful without me there - poor man! Will it be around the same time-ish next year? Come on - surely you can give us some advance nod?

Cath said...

That is not fair, I am coming to the UK in Nov and will be in Tidworth for a few days but not until the 10th so I will miss all the fun.

Diane said...

That is a shame Julia....that card really caught my eye!

The Librarian said...

I've booked the day off work and I'm really looking forward to it. Last year's cards were fab and hopefully I won't be full of snot this year!

Handmade with Love said...

Beautiful card Julia, wish I was closer, it sounds like fun! Tracey x

Ohhh Snap said...

It sounds like it would be a hoot and a half, but sadly a bit far for me. Have lots and lots of productive fun!

Cath Wilson said...

A lovely, simple card but I bet a lot of work went into it. It's a great design.

Wish I lived closer, lol... sounds like LOTS of fun!

Creative Studios by Sam Poole said...

What a gorgeous card! So simple but effective! One of my favorite colours! Thanks for sharing! Sam x

Linby said...

Love the card (even if it is last years!). Wish I was nearer would love to come.
Linbyx

Siobhan Brignull said...

that card is so stunningly simple, please tell me how you made it, wish I could be with you, perhaps next year

Claire said...

hiya Julia, have left you an award on my blog
C
xx

mckinkle said...

Hope you have a ball at the xmas cardmaking event, Id really love to join you. Alas its not possible and Im kicking myself already!

Hope you have a FAB day ladies and glad to read that librarian is feeling unsnotty too!

What a beautiful card Julia, if you get a spare minute could you tell me please what image it is? Its not the PB one is it?! It looks amazing in turquoise!

Keryn x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I am in awe of that card. I can't possibly imagine how you got that perfect circle of dots in the center, but I am totally impressed. Since I'm over 7,000 miles away, I will only admire in awe and respect for your craft, but will be there in spirit (grin).

Lyn said...

Even though, yet again, the "C" word has been sneaked in, I am dead upset that distance is keeping me at bay and I have officially turned into the Big Green Monster of Jealousy *sniffle*

That card is GORGEOUS - I love the stamp, I love the colour, the ribbon and especially the bling :-D

Rosie said...

How beautiful is this? Very simple but classically elegant.

Anonymous said...

[url=http://metformin.press/]metformin[/url] [url=http://valtrexgeneric.date/]valtrex[/url] [url=http://acyclovir800mg.party/]acyclovir 800 mg tablet[/url]