Monday 28 February 2011

OK, so the WOYWW PiF thing...

Lots of WOYWWers have asked for more information about the PiF idea for the second anniversary, and so here's the scoop. By my calculations, the 104th WOYWW (2 x 52 weeks) will be on Wednesday (*g*) 1st June 2011. A PiF stands for Pay it Forward. A 'pressie' is shorthand -OK, slang, for a present, gift.
So during the course of the coming weeks, decide if you'd like to take part in the PiF on that particular WOYWW. If you would, please make a small present - can be anything of course, but really needs to be made by you. The difficult part is that somewhere on/in that present, please incorporate the silly acronym WOYWW.
Then, on 'the day', when you join the link list, add an asterisk before or after your name. So if it were me, I would enter my name as *Julia. Then we know you're participating, see. You make contact with the next person on the list who has a participatory asterisk against their name, get their address and post off your gift. If you are the last participator on the list, you send your PiF gift to the first participator. Perfect circle then, which really is very WOYWWish!
Of course, there'll be reminders about the asterisk thingy on the anniversary post. And probably some angsty chat about making something between now and then too!
Again, trying to keep things simple and least complicated for my little brain, but here are a handful of 'rules':
- You don't have to take part in the PiF on 1st June to take part in WOYWW on that day or any other. If you can't or don't want to, that's just fine!
- The PiF will only occur on that anniversary Wednesday, it's not an every week thing!
- Please have your gift made and ready - given this much notice, it won't be much fun if your recipient has to wait an age to receive!
- the hard part now - don't show us what you've made until it's been received by your giftee'. This is the hardest bit, to be honest!

So there we are, I think all questions answered and I think relatively straight forward...we'll see! Any questions, please ask.....there's bound to be something I haven't thought of!

Oh and the card - Martha Stewart punch meets Paper Artsy stamps - the theme of last week's workshop was Nature, using Paper Artsy.....my first real foray into Leandra's world. As soon as I worked out that I couldn't copy her skills, the stamps started to talk and I managed a handful of cards. Phew!

39 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just thinking about the PIF - are you waiting until Wednesday is over before you start the PIF or do we go from when we enter our WOYWW. Could get a bit messy if everyone sends to the first on the list as they are last. LOL.
Maybe this is me being thick - again.
OH says I always do find a problem with simple things.
x Tricia

Kate said...

Tricia, that's just what I was going to say, unless I'm thick too, lol. Perhaps an end time would be sufficient - e.g. you can only pif if you sign up before XX (plus specify time zone) on 18.05.11.

Nice card Julia, me like.

** Kate **

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Sounds great the hard thing will be figuring out what to make incorporating the WOYWW in it..unless we do an acronym or something guess it could be sneak in like they used to in old puzzles I remember from kids ie the letter hidden in the picture. Mmmm sounds like fun I might even do my WOYWW in hieroglyphic format just to confuse everyone!! seeing as we are doing Egyptian text this term! now that could be fun..and I think I did get what you mean by the format Julia so will pay if forward to the next person underneath my name who has an asterisk.. is this right? so you dont have to wait long at the rate they fly in thick and fast on WOYWW days..
great card too love aqua!! and you could have WOYWW letters on those butterflies on the card quite easily now couldn't you?
Shaz in oz.x

peggy aplSEEDS said...

hi, Julia, just letting you know i stopped by and got the instructions. i had a weekend of crafting and tried to think of what to make for this PIF. still wondering what i will do but yes, i will join!

Helen said...

Great to have some more clarity about the PIF. Need to start thinking!
Oh, and your card is fine - your skills are just great as they are!!

voodoo vixen said...

Sounds like a plan for me, just got to get my brain cell (named 'lonely' for obvious reasons)into gear to think of something to make and you know, even with all this warning, I will be doing it on the Tuesday before WOYWW, don't you? LOL
Love the aqua card, such a spring-like colour... wish spring would hint that it is coming this side of the world but its -20 this morning and snowing gently....

Maz said...

Haven't done WOYWW in a while - felt a bit guilty about not having time to get round a decent number of desks - I know there's no pressure but still felt the guilt! Will get my thinking cap on for the PiF though! x

Mummylade said...

gorgeous card, and glorious idea =)

Morti said...

LOL - I'm assuming that the 18th May is actually #104?

Fiona said...

This sounds great fun - I'm just boggled wondering how to incorporate WOYWW somewhere - lol!

Gez Butterworth said...

Great card Julia. Will get my thinking cap on re PiF. Have a great week..xx

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh yah, I do mean 104th Wednesday!! It's a typo but, gah, shows my state of mind! And the list thing - only one person will be last, honest..the rate people link up on a Wednesday means that's a guarantee! We'll do the full 24 hour list from 6am Wednesday to 6am Thurs GMT!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm glad you explained what PiF means. Now I can plan something and not scratch my head over what it could mean.

BTW, I love that card with the butterflies and stamps. You really enjoy making cards, don't you?

Pam said...

How spookey I'm just about to download a card on a very similar layout to this (flowers and 3 butterflies). Hugs Pamx

Simple homemade living said...

I love love love the card. The colours and the newsprint butterflies oh my - I am so going to case it hope you don't mind.

I am up for the PIF sounds like a fab idea.

Laura x

Ciara said...

I'm going to have to rack my brains to think of a way to incorporate all those W's!

Love the card, it's very fresh looking :-)

Oh and I can't believe how little you bought at the show over the weekend!

Sue said...

Hi hun
sounds like good plan to me, i will get me thinkin cap on!! gorgeous card, sue,x

Chrysalis said...

Hi Julia - what can I say? Thank you so much for all the beautiful cards you sent me - pop over to my blog to read more

Chris xx

http://teddywaresandflutterbies.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

That is a gorgeous card, I really love it!

Lyn said...

Great idea Jules - sure it will gpo splendidly :-D

HeARTworks said...

Count me in! What fun! thank you Julia, you're a sweetheart!

Marjo said...

Hi Julia,

This sounds like loads of fun! Count me in, I am sure you will get it all figured out by then. I for one am not going to muddle my already cloudy brain with the details of how to send blah blah. I will just muddle it with...What the heck!!!! am I going to make...rofl

Can't wait. hugs, Marjo

Deena said...

That sounds like a cool idea...I think I am in!

Deena

Ohhh Snap said...

I think the PIF sounds like great fun, even with the angst of trying to make something worthy lol. Love the card!

Cauliflower Cupcake said...

I would love to join in this - sounds like great fun, now I know what PIF stands for.
Rebecca x

Nicks said...

great fun, count me in

Annie said...

Count me in too :-) A circle of love sounds a brilliant idea to me.
Hugs,
A x

Cardarian said...

Looking forward to the Pif - must put my thinking cap on! Lovely idea and thanks for explaining the whole thing so well! It helps us blondies :-)
Lots of hugs
Cardarian

Jona Panesa said...

I would love to join on the PIF! have to start thinking for my gift!

Nelly said...

OOOOH! This sounds fun! I am going to have to try hard to do this!

Days End Studio said...

Woot! Sounds good... lots of time to find a use for WOYWW... *cogs turning, dreadful burning smell*

okienurse said...

Sounds like a lot of fun and I need to get started on the project! Vickie

She Who Doodles said...

ok, i'll mark the 18th on my calendar. i love getting mail, i will be participating.

Caro said...

Count me in too! I will have to work out what I am going to make...hmmm...at least I have until 1st June to think!

fairy thoughts said...

lovely idea i think i will have a go if i can think off and make it in time
janet

fairyrocks said...

I love paying it forward and will see you on the 4th, Congrats!!!
And Thank You for your continued hosting of WOYWW, It is one of the best things I have found blogging. Incidentally, I recently had to follow you again, for some reason I was bumped off your list of stalkers LOL....can you ever really loose a good stalker.....?

Deanne said...

oooh love the idea of the pif, will be joining in with that, will get something made up ready to post out :)

Anne said...

Great desk again Julia. ooooo ????? what could I make to join in PIF week ???!!!!
Thinking cap on
AnneX

Lizzybobs said...

now I am back I will try and have a go ;o)