Saturday 26 January 2013

Kraft Crazy



Now that, I know is blatant advertising.  (It's the name of Shopkeeper Gal's emporium).  But it's also a state of mind and as much as I Iove it, people are going to ask me if I've actually got any other card stock soon! 

This week I've made a handful of cards - OK, seven.  Four of them have Kraft included or are on Kraft pre-folds.  This is one of two that will feature in the same workshop...and it's not a workshop built around the use of Kraft.  Hmmm.





And this is a detail of a LO that I've made twice.  Yep, the first one was on a 12x12 piece of Kraft and I decided that as it's for another workshop, I should probably demonstrate my ability to use other papers....turned out to be harder than I thought!
I think I'm turning into a folk.  I know that's the collective, indeed, plural, but I have no idea of the singular.  Or at least what it is that's happening to me.  I've come over all homespun and gingham like. In my crafting you understand, the domestic duties and other working nonsense are still being superficially carried out in a normal four-out-of-ten type Suzy Homemaker graciousness.  So what do you recommend, plough on and see if it's just a phase, or turn my back and try to move out of this comfort zone?  Obviously, you realise that if it proves difficult or needs will power, I shall not be yielding to any suggestions.


20 comments:

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

What a glorious card, Julia. I like the clever way in which you attached the medallion with the ribbon. Blessings!

Monica said...

When you start making posts on how to wash coffee mugs you can be accepted as a Suzy home clean.

Kate said...

Gorgeous Card.

Redanne said...

A truly beautiful card Julia! I say just carry on and don't change until you yourself get tired of it. Hugs, Anne x

Scrapcat 1 said...

I say go with the flow and use up what you have bought lol

KatzElbows said...

Run with it. If this is what tickles your fancy, why fight it, especially when what you're making is so fab.

Queenie Jeannie said...

AWESOME!!!! Love it!

Di said...

Hi Julia! This is seriously stunning!

Happy Sunday - after a whirlwind of activity yesterday (cleaning and cooking for guests, then doing the hostess with the mostest bit) I've been promised the whole day to myself here to play in the craftroom. Coffees will be replenished when needed and ink and paper will be flying.......bliss!!).

Hugs, Di xx

Kezzy said...

Wow stunning card, I think kraft card stock is gorgeous I just haven't found a place that does nice kraft card as I like the lighter version. I did find some 12by12 but can't remember where I bought it lol. Hugs Kezzy xxx

misteejay said...

Go with the flow...I think we all go through phases of using something on almost everything. Sometimes the comfort thing helps the creativity so don't change unless you really want to.

I love kraft cardstock and that card of yours is beautiful.

Toni xx

My name is Cindy said...

Go with the flow Julia, if it ain't broke there's certainly no need to fix it and your current Kraft obsession seems nothing to worry about. We'll have an intervention if the desk starts to get tidier and tidier each week and things have clearly gone too far.... Love the card, white pen or embossing on Kraft is very effective. Happy Sunday, Cindy

Claire said...

These are stunning Julia, beautiful card.
C x

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

As a kraft addict myself, I say go with it! I ordered another pack just last week. It wouldn't do to run out now would it?!

Angela Toucan said...

pretty card, and I really like the titlework on that layout - very nice.

The b-t-a o-rings arrived this week, thank you.

Elizabeth said...

I like Kraft too so I'd say carry on and enjoy your obsession, Julia :) I don't think anyone is going to section you because of it! Your card is beautiful - love the white pen work ... must have taken you ages ... and the flowers are gorgeous. Hugs, Elizabeth xx

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Julia,

Lovely card. I enjoy working with kraft card stock.

Thank you so much for your kind words on my post dedicated to my friend Marion. I am so blessed to have known her and to have learned one of my favorite crafts from her (knitting).

Hugs,
Kay

Debbie Rock said...

Really love your card Julia! Just my sort of colours and Kraft card always works here too! D xXx

Craftychris said...

Love your card - really gorgeous! I adore Kraft card - I say keep at it! xx

Tamika said...

Loving the sneak of your layout Julia and that card is gorgeous I think it's on my plate for a lift!

Anonymous said...

[url=http://genericseroquel.webcam/]seroquel[/url] [url=http://citalopram-online.cricket/]citalopram[/url] [url=http://trazodone-50mg.cricket/]trazodone 50 mg[/url] [url=http://prednisolonetablets.webcam/]prednisolone tablets[/url]