Monday 18 May 2015

Small, but perfectly formed..


So here's the WOYWW Crop, in all its attendee glory. It was a lovely, sunny day. There was a lovely warm atmosphere because I think, everyone had already met..if not in person, then online across their desks.
By the time I got there, Jan, her men and Doug and Shaz Silverwolf had it all set up. I traded ATCs, chatted and made tea and coffee.
Left to right..Dolores, Me, Helen, Fiona ,Kyla, Morti Mary Anne, Sam,Fiona, Lisa Cindy, Debbie, Chris, Jan,Maggie and Lisa-Jane and Zoe in front..oh and Fergus seems to have found his place too...
Need the blog names?: Cardarian, Stamping-Ground, Stamping by H,L'il Pidge, Coup de Main Crafts, Scrappy Sticky Inky Mess, Hettiecrafts,(Fiona and Lisa don't blog) Plant's List, a Crafter's Life,Pear Shaped Crafting,Lunch Lady Jan's fabric frenzy, Silvercrafter, Inside my Head and Crafty Gas Head Zo
When I turned around, Jan had cooked lunch. So I helped to dish up. Then I ate some lunch. Chatted some more. Told the lovely husbands who were washing up that they were erm, lovely, and they didn't have to do it.  And then managed to leave them to it. Chatted some more, made some more teas and coffees and *pouf* it was time to do the raffle and pack up for home. Can you believe, it went that quickly. Excess funds and raffle monies made a lovely chunk to donate to HMSA, a charity that has helped Zoe and that she's fundraising for over the whole year. Everyone was very generous, as always. 
Cardarian, LLJ, Shaz Silverwolf and me
Shaz had to leave before lunch..she and Doug had a wedding to go to...but how fab of them to bother, don't you think! And finally, Janet, her Fairythoughts and her gorgeous Handyman arrived after lunch. Bonus, because yep, more chatting!  I didnt 'do' anything all day...in fact, I didn't take anything to do. You will see, I'm sure, on many blogs over the next couple of weeks that every one else made time to craft; it was a delightful mix too - hand and machine sewing, journals and paste and spritzers, stamps and scrapbook papers. Crochet and knitting too. How multi talented we Deskers are. It really was a lovely day filled with friends and chat. And oh, did I mention...there was a lot of cake.
Thanks to y'all for coming, and to Jan for doing. We might have to do it again.





20 comments:

Kyla said...

Thanks for organising a fabulous day and sorting out my crotchet!
Kyla :-)

shazsilverwolf said...

It was indeed a lovely Crop, even though too short for us! Here's to the next one, xxx

PaperOcotilloStudio said...

Oh my gosh! What a fun looking bunch. Sure wish I had a teleport machine like there may be in the future so I could have attended!

CraftygasheadZo said...

Thank you so much cos without you we'd not have these super days. Loved every moment. Wembley was Amazing! Tears were shed!! TC Zo xx

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe we have to wait a whole YEAR to do it again!

:)

Thanks to all, but you and Jan in particular, for making it such a lovely day.

MA

Neesie said...

Congratulations and well done to you and your little helpers. It looks like everyone had a brilliant day.
Great photos of the gang ;D

Twiglet said...

Well done to all - so glad you had such a fab day. x Jo

Sue said...

Glad you had such a fab time. Sue

Annie said...

All the hard work in the planning looks to have been worth it. What a fab bunch you all are.
Hugs,
Annie x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

If I had been there, I would have been just like you. I would have been taking photos and getting to know all the lovely people I've met over the years at their desks. Of course, you already know them, but, after all, this day was for YOU, so eating cake, making tea and coffee, and have a fun time seeing what everyone else was makingh keeps you the Queen of Snoop. So glad you had a good time, and now it is time to put your feet up and rest awhile!

pearshapedcrafting said...

It certainly was a wonderful day! You and LLJ definitely know how to put on a 'do'! Hope it wasn't too stressful to organise - I'd love to do it all again next year! For now though, rest, knowing you did a good job!! Thank you! Chrisx

Helen said...

thanks once again for doing the run to and from the station for me, and for your wonderful hospitality and tea making skills. You can't beat great company, great chatting and great (quantities of) cake. Yes please, let's do it again!

misteejay said...

Sounds like you all had a wonderful time (the least you could have done Julia, was take some photos of the cake you keep mentioning LOL).
Toni xx

okienurse said...

wow looks like everyone had a fabulous time. I am going to try and get there someday. I would love to meet everyone face to face! Vickie

Hettie said...

It sure was a fantabulous day Julia. Thank you for organising it and thanks Jan for making sure we were fed.
Fergus is chuffed to his little furballs that you mentioned him!!
Hugs
xxx

Eliza said...

Jan what a wonderful bunch of desker's there and the hubby's managed to do the dishes gosh now that is real convincing and a good job done. Nice to meet everyone, just a pity it was a big swim across the pond. Maybe one year I will make the distance. Hope you had enough ATC's to swap.

Hugs Eliza & Yoda

Nikki said...

I'm sure you all had a wonderful time chatting the day away and eating cake while enjoying a cuppa tea

Cardarian said...

Thank you to both you and Jan - it was such a lovely day! The chats, the crafting, the eating cake ( I should have had more of that lemon cake :-)) the lovely lunch made by Jan, more chat - oh I had a great time!
Love and big hugs!
Cardarian

Unknown said...

What a beautiful group of crafters--I just love seeing everyone!

Claire Grantham said...

Very jealous, sounds like you had a superb time..next year maybe..Cx